Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Facade


Such wrath, I sense the spite in your words
Alas! The beast had shed its skin
Skin of gold and diamonds
Uncovered, you reek of sin

Oh malice! Thrown upon me
The beast adourned with gold
Laughed in high glee
Woe is my poor soul

The beast sat on high
Blasphemy! no praise is deserved
Oh words of bittersweet spite
I rose, for I have not erred

Oh slanderer! I called the beast
It stood from its throne
Foolish one! said the beast
I should have known

It has shed its golden skin
Of rotten and reeking flesh
Devoured by maggots of eternal sin
Alas! the real beast was unleashed

Oh beast fooled so many
I took me spear of silver
Oh serpentine spear of glory
I aim, I shall not falter

I threw my spear, I prayed
You have not seen nor heard
Oh Beast devoured with rage
Eyes wide, the heart has ceased

Oh blinding light!
Alas! sweet victory


No comments:

Post a Comment